Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Oscar fever



This year's Oscar produced many surprises. Especially in the 'Best film' catagory. I haven't seen any of the nominations or winners. So I don't know if it's right to comment on the. But from whatever I have read and heard about them, I think this Oscars have really been historial because of the subjects of the award winners.

The winner of the best film award is on the racism in America. Syriana is on the oil issue. Brokeback Mountain and Capote are on 'gay' issues. Good Night, and Good Luck is on the suppression of media. It's really refreshing to see that Hollywood, an integral part of the US media, criticizing Bush administration. Even George Clooney's words were pro-liberals.

I think, I better watch the films first before commenting any further.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home