Tuesday, February 28, 2006

XLRI interview

I had XLRI interview today. Well, I can't say that interview was good. But neither can I say that it was bad. So I'll have to wait till the results are out. CET results will also be coming out next month. So till then , it is 'wait and watch'.

'Preparation' for any interview involves finding formal clothes including tie( which I rarely have) and ironing them (which would ultimately be useless because of rush in the local trains). But there was surprise on offer today. I GOT a seat in the second class compartment at 10'o clock at Borivali. I was hoping this good luck to continue till interview.

XLRI interviews were 20 minutes in duration and they had called students accordingly. My call was at 12 noon. Next fellow had his call at 12.20 and so on. I think our university should take leaf out of their book. Otherwise those whose numbers are at the end have to wait whole day just for 15 minute viva (I was one of those unfortunate fellows till last sem).

The interview was OK. The panel consisted three people. Many people had told me before the interview that XLRI interview is very stressed. But I didn't find it that way. At the begining they asked me to introduce myself, a typical for any interview. Then they asked me meaning of my name. I don't know why, but I had this question in every interview I've given, right from the BTS days. Maybe, the name is uncommon. There were a lot of questions about Indian economy and budget, which was expected. They asked things like, which are the largest exports from India, what would you say about the infrastructure in India and how to improve it, what are your views on the upcoming budget and similar ones. The third guy was asked me to speak about dance bar ban, moral policing, both view and counterviews ( perhaps they asked me this as I had mentioned in introduction that I look at things from different perspectives). So no tough questions. And not at all stressed.

The stress may come at the time of result. But that's manths ahead. Till then it's time to enjoy or perhaps time to wait for admits. (I just heard there are spates of admits from USC, but unfortunately I am not one of them! So I have to wait a bit longer!)

3 Comments:

At 8:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope all turns out good for you.

 
At 3:46 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Don't worry you will get your desired result.But first decide where to go M.S.or M.B.A.

 
At 2:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good ninad u maaintained ur cool. Again ATB angd hope u will convert

 

Post a Comment

<< Home