Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Password

I had decided to start blogging once again and start with post about Taiwan. But I have been procrastinating for a month now. So starting with 1 random post about thing which came to my mind while logging onto my online bank account.

Why do banks or any other authority ask us to change our password regularly? They claim its for added security. But how?

Password I have is something which I only know. I don't write is down anywhere. So there is no question of password being stolen and being used by hacker in future (unless bank fears that password would get stolen from them). If hacker is using brute force, the probability of cracking old and new password remains the same. Is spyware the possible reason? I am not sure. On the contrary changing password creates unnecessary hassles and people tend to forget new ones.

So why does one need to change password frequently?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home